Download Article Written by Travis Boylls
Last Updated: July 25, 2021
Download Article X
This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Travis Boylls. Travis Boylls is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Travis has experience writing technology-related articles, providing software customer service, and in graphic design. He specializes in Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux platforms. He studied graphic design at Pikes Peak Community College.
This article has been viewed 314,141 times.
Do you have too many cars in Grand Theft Auto 5? Do you want to get rid of some? While it's not possible to sell cars in single-player mode, you can sell cars in GTA Online. X Research source Go to source This wikiHow teaches you how to sell cars in GTA Online.
1Access GTA Online. While inside the game, press the Options or Menu button on your controller or the "Esc" button on PC to open the In-Game Menu. Here, select the "Online" tab on the right-most side of the menu screen to access Grand Theft Auto Online.
- If you are playing on Playstation 4 or Xbox One, you are required to have a Playstation Plus or Xbox Live subscription to play games online.
2Choose the character you want to use. The character youll be using to play the online mode is different from the one youre using to play the story mode. Use the directional buttons to choose the character you want, and press "X" on Playstation, "A" on Xbox, or "Enter" on PC. You will connect to an online game.
- If you have never played Grand Theft Auto Online, you will be required to create a character.
3Find a car you want to sell. Stroll around the city and find a car you want to sell and steal it. You can also get a car from your garage.
- Basic cars can be sold for around $1,000 to $2,000, while sports cars can run up to more than $9,000. When you see a car you want to sell, enter the car and drive it away.
4Go to Los Santos Customs. This is the in-game car tuning and modification shop. It has an icon that resembles a spray-can on the map. There is one in Los Santos and one in Harmony.
- You can only sell cars in GTA Online. You cannot sell cars in Single-player mode.
5Enter the garage. Once you get to the Los Santos Customs shop, park your car in front of the garage door and it will open. Drive your car inside and the shop menu will appear.
- If you have a wanted level, the garage door will not open.
6Select Sell. It's in the menu that appears when you drive the car into the garage. Use the directional keys to highlight the "Sell" option in the menu. Press "X" on Playstation, "A" on Xbox, or "Enter" on PC to select "Sell".
7Select Sell again. This confirms you want to sell and sells the car. The cash will be added to your funds displayed on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Question Do I have to be online?
Community Answer Yes, you have to be online for this to work.
- Question How do I acquire more garages in story mode to sell cars?
Community Answer You need to buy an apartment with more space for cars. Then it should tell you which garages have space.
- Question If I sell online, does the money stay online or go back to the story mode?
Community Answer The money will remain in online mode. See more answers
By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
You Might Also Like
How toSteal a Car in Grand Theft Auto
How toPlay Grand Theft Auto 5 Online
How toGet a Girlfriend in Grand Theft Auto (GTA) 5
How toPlay Grand Theft Auto 5 (Story Mode)
How toDive and Swim Underwater in GTA V
How toGet a Tank in GTA V
How toGive Rides to Hitchhikers in GTA V
How toRob People at ATMs in GTA V
How toGet the Military Jet in Grand Theft Auto V
How toUse the Weapon Wheel in GTA V
How toShoot Yourself in GTA 5
How toHave Infinite Money in Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V)
How toModify Cars in GTA V
How toGo Scuba Diving in GTA V
About This Article
Written by: Travis Boylls wikiHow Technology Writer This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Travis Boylls. Travis Boylls is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Travis has experience writing technology-related articles, providing software customer service, and in graphic design. He specializes in Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux platforms. He studied graphic design at Pikes Peak Community College. This article has been viewed 314,141 times. Co-authors: 10 Updated: July 25, 2021 Views:314,141 Article Rating:77% - 9 votes Categories: Grand Theft Auto V Article SummaryX
1. Start a Grand Theft Auto Online session.
2. Select your online character.
3. Get in a car you want to sell.
4. Drive the car to Los Santos Customs in Las Santos or Harmony.
5. Park the car in front of the garage door.
6. Drive the car in when the garage door opens.
7. Select Sell in the shop menu.
8. Select Sell again to confirm the sale.
In other languagesItaliano:Vendere Automobili in Grand Theft Auto 5 Online Deutsch:In Grand Theft Auto 5 Online Autos verkaufen Português:Vender Carros no GTA 5 Online Русский:продавать машины в Grand Theft Auto 5 Online Español:vender carros en Grand Theft Auto 5 en línea Bahasa Indonesia:Menjual Mobil di Grand Theft Auto 5 Online 中文:在侠盗猎车手5（GTA5）在线模式中卖车 Nederlands:Auto's verkopen in Grand Theft Auto 5 Online हिन्दी:ग्रैंड थेफ्ट ऑटो 5 ऑनलाइन में कारें बेचें ไทย:ขายรถใน Grand Theft Auto 5 Online Türkçe:Grand Theft Auto 5 Online'da Araba Nasıl Satılır 한국어:GTA 5 온라인에서 자동차를 판매하는 방법 العربية:بيع السيارات في جراند ثفت أوتو 5 عبر الإنترنت 日本語:Grand Theft Auto 5オンラインで車を売却する Tiếng Việt:Bán xe trong GTA 5 Online
- Send fan mail to authors Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 314,141 times.